Create a Trail from websites with the Bookmarklet,
then your own content (PDFs, JPGs, etc) in the Trail Editor.
Drag Trails logo to your Bookmarks bar
Bookmarklet installation is easy!
- Make sure your Bookmark Bar is visible.
- In Firefox menu click "View>Toolbars>Bookmarks Toolbar".
- In Chrome, click the wrench icon>Bookmarks>Show Bookmarks Bar. (See Chrome help page.)
- In Internet Explorer, right-click anywhere on your browser menu bar, making certain "Favorites Bar" is checked. (In IE, bookmarks are called 'Favorites).
- Drag the Trails logo, above, into your Bookmarks Bar.
- (In IE, right-click on the logo, click 'Add to Favorites', save to 'Favorites' folder so it will show in the toolbar.)
- Great! Now just click the bookmarklet in your Bookmarks Bar to add the webpage you are viewing to a Trail.
- A window will popup in case you want to optionally edit the title, tags, or add notes about that website.
- You do not have edit that information, but it will make for a more meaningful Trail!
- Click "Save" to close the window and keep surfing, or "Save & go to Trail" if you are done adding nodes and are ready to finalize and publish your Trail to the world.
The Bookmarklet window which appears when you click the bookmarklet:
If you are not signed into your Trails account, you can optionally do so from the Bookmarklet window using your Trails, Facebook or Google credentials. Otherwise, you can sign in or sign up when you are getting ready to publish your Trail to the world.
Remember, if you stopped Bookmarkleting but did not click the "Save & go to Trail" button when you were done adding webpages to your Trail, simply go back to Trails.by and if you are signed in or not, in the upper right corner there will be a 'Action Required' warning sign. Click it to go directly to the Trail you built by Bookmarklet.
If you are signed in, under 'My Trails' in the upper right corner, you will see the "Trail In Process" reminder additionally.